Housecall pricing in the Triangle, within 30 miles, during normal business hours, (M-F, 9am until 5pm)*:
- In-Home Euthanasia - $230 ($280 evenings/weekends)
- In-Home Consultation or Hospice Visit - $230 ($280 evenings/weekends)
- Driving Fees: Drives over 30 miles will be quoted.
- Holidays - additional $50 (Easter/Thanksgiving/Christmas Eve/Day $100)
*Please Note: There may be an additional charge for medications dispensed or procedures done during hospice visit, pets over 100 lbs, aggressive pets, and some exotic species.
Lap of Love veterinarians do their best to assist families when needed. Dr. Lewis is available 7 days a week, from 9:00 am until 9:00 pm, usually within 4 hours. Availability will vary with location, time of day, and prior commitments. Late night appointments are available with prior notice. If this is a medical emergency, please contact your local veterinarian or see Emergency Clinic information below:
- Veterinary Specialty Hospital of the Carolinas, Cary: (919) 233-4911
- Veterinary Specialty Hospital of the Carolinas, Durham: (919) 600-6600
- Veterinary Specialty Hospital of the Carolinas, Raleigh: (919) 861-0109
- Animal Emergency Hospital and Urgent Care, Raleigh: (919) 781-5145
- Animal Emergency Clinic of Cary: (919) 462-8989
- Quail Corners Animal Hospital, Raleigh: (919) 600-7526
- NCSU College of Veterinary Medicine Small Animal Emergency Service, Raleigh: (919) 513-6911
- Triangle Veterinary Referral Hospital, Durham: (919) 489-0615
If you wish, we will take your beloved pet with us and arrange for cremation services. They will be handled with care, as if they were our own. For pets over 35 pounds, Dr. Dana will need your assistance to her car.
PRIVATE CREMATION: With this option, your pet is cremated privately at a licensed crematorium and the remains (ashes) are returned to your family veterinarian in approximately 3 business days. They can also be mailed if you prefer for an additional $15.
- $220 for pets under 125 pounds
- $250 for pets over 125 pounds***
COMMUNAL CREMATION: Pets are cremated with other pets and ashes are scattered together.
BURIAL: If you would prefer burial, you can choose to have your pet buried in a woodland field that will not be developed, though visitation is not permitted.
***Pets over 125 lbs will incur a special transport fee and arrangements would be need to be made when appointment is scheduled.
Dr. Dana gladly serves the following areas:
- Chapel Hill
- The Greater Triangle
- Surrounding Counties
Drives over 30 miles will be quoted.
Dr. Dana also travels to:
- Buies Creek
- Four Oaks
- Holly Springs
- Research Triangle Park
- Wake Forest
- Wilson Mills
as well as all the towns in between!
Preferred methods of payment are check (made to 'Lap of Love') or cash.
Credit card is accepted with a processing fee of 3% of the total bill.
Dana Lewis, DVM
Lap of Love Veterinary Hospice
PO BOX 1305
Morrisville, NC 27560
- APEX: Amy Benton Moulds, MEd, NCC, Lifescapes Counseling: (919) 272-1388 or (919) 303-0273
- CARRBORO: Bree Kalb, LCSW: (919) 932-6262 ext 16
- CARY: Robin Forgione, MEd, LPC, NCC: (919) 602-6449
Tracie Barton-Barrett, MS, NCC, LPC: (919) 559-4379
- DURHAM: Center for All Seasons, Steve Bradley-Bull, LPC, MEd, MA: (919) 286-5770
The Private Practices of Robin, Ruth & Renee, Ruth K. Echols, MAEd, LPC, NCC: (919) 244-1885
Rondy Elliott, RN, CS, MTS: (919) 572-0093
- GARNER: Rev. Phran Gacher, M.Div.: (919) 779-7653
- HILLSBOROUGH: Unicorn Bereavement Center Triangle Hospice: (919) 644-6869
- RALEIGH: Lynn Kurisko, MEd, LPC: (919) 866-1435
Andrea Shapiro, LCSW: (919) 781-2020
NCSU College of Veterinary Medicine: (919) 513-3901
Wake SPCA Pet Loss Support Group: (919) 772-2326 or (919)-532-2087
- WAKE FOREST: Suzanne Brady, MSW, LCSW: (919) 801-0337
Sophie’s Gift Animal Loss Support, Amy Pierce, MA: (919) 554-2711.