Housecall pricing in the Triangle, within 30 miles, during normal business hours, (M-F, 9am until 5pm, Evening hours start at 5 pm):
- In-Home Euthanasia - $250 ($300 evenings/weekends)
- In-Home Consultation or Hospice Visit - $250 ($300 evenings/weekends)
- Any Drive Fees are Outlined in Service Area Section.
- Holidays - additional $50-$100
*Please Note: There may be an additional charge for medications dispensed or procedures done during hospice visit, pets over 100 lbs, aggressive pets, and some exotic species.
Lap of Love veterinarians do their best to assist families when needed. We are available 7 days a week, from 9:00 am until 5:00 pm and late evening appointments are usually available with prior notice until 9:00 pm. Availability will vary with location, time of day, and prior commitments. If this is a medical emergency, please contact your local veterinarian or see Emergency Clinic information under Local Resources.
If you wish, we will take your beloved pet with us and arrange for cremation or burial services. They will be handled with care, as if they were our own. For pets over 35 pounds, the doctor will need your assistance to her car. Pets over 100 pounds will incur a special transport fee and arrangements would need to be made when the appointment is scheduled.
PRIVATE CREMATION: With this option, your pet is cremated individually at a licensed crematorium and the cremains are returned to your family veterinarian in approximately 3 business days. They can also be mailed if you prefer for an additional $20-25.
- $225 for pets up to 99 pounds
- $325 for pets over 100 pounds
COMMUNAL CREMATION: are cremated at the same crematorium with other pets and ashes are scattered together.
- $90 for pets up to 99 pounds
- $190 for pets over 100 pounds
BURIAL: If you would prefer burial, you can choose to have your pet buried in a woodland field that will not be developed, though visitation is not permitted.
- $125 for pets up to 99 pounds
- $225 for pets over 100 pounds
The Doctors gladly serve the following areas:
- Chapel Hill
- Four Oaks
- Holly Springs
- East Pittsboro
- Research Triangle Park
- Wake Forest
- Willow Spring
Extended Service area: There is a drive fee of $50 for the following towns. Also planning for pets over 100 pounds will need to be discussed if aftercare is required. If you do not see your town on this list, just ask us for assistance:
- Buies Creek
- Four Oaks
- Hurdle Mills
- West Pittsboro
- Siler City
- Wilson Mills
as well as all the towns in between!
Preferred methods of payment are check (made to 'Lap of Love') or cash.
Dana Lewis, DVM
Lap of Love Veterinary Hospice
PO BOX 1305
Morrisville, NC 27560
We know this can be a very trying time. Please contact the doctors regarding local grief counselors and support groups in your area:
- APEX: Amy Benton Moulds, MEd, NCC, Lifescapes Counseling: (919) 272-1388 or (919) 303-0273
- CARRBORO: Bree Kalb, LCSW: (919) 932-6262 ext 16
- CARY: Tracie Barton-Barrett, MS, NCC, LPC: (919) 559-4379
- DURHAM: Center for All Seasons, Steve Bradley-Bull, LPC, MEd, MA: (919) 286-5770
- HILLSBOROUGH: Unicorn Bereavement Center Triangle Hospice: (919) 644-6869
- HOLLY SPRINGS: Hugh Willard, MEd, LPC: (919) 429-7735
- RALEIGH: Jeannine Moga, MA, MSW, LCSW, NCSU College of Veterinary Medicine: (919) 513-3901
Wake SPCA Pet Loss Support Group: (919)-532-2087
- WAKE FOREST: Sophie’s Gift Animal Loss Support, Amy Pierce, MA: (919) 554-2711.
Emergency Clinics in the Triangle and surrounding:
- Animal Emergency Clinic of Cary: (919) 462-8989
- Animal Emergency Hospital and Urgent Care, Raleigh: (919) 781-5145
- NCSU College of Veterinary Medicine Small Animal Emergency Service, Raleigh: (919) 513-6911
- Triangle Veterinary Referral Hospitals, Durham: (919) 489-0615, Holly Springs: (919)973-5620
- Veterinary Specialty Hospitals of the Carolinas, Cary: (919) 233-4911, Durham: (919)600-6600, Raleigh: (919) 861-0109
- Eastern Carolina Vet Emergency, Wilson: (252) 265-9920