Pet Memorials
Helping Families Honor the Lives Of Those They Love
Oliver "Ollie Baby"
3/7/2016My dear sweet boy peacefully crossed over the rainbow bridge in the comfort of his home on Tuesday March 8th. I miss him greatly, especially the special rituals we shared like "pillow share" and "sink drink." Ollie was a mama's boy and rarely left my side. In fact, if he were still here, I'm sure he'd be fighting for a spot in my lap, attempting to thwart my efforts to type on my laptop. I am grateful for the time we shared and the comfort and joy he gave me for the almost nine years we were together. I was not Ollie's first owner, but I think we both found our feline and human soulmate, respectively, in each other. Ollie moved all over the city of Philadelphia with me as I apartment hopped and he begrudgingly accepted and even came to love (or at least tolerate!) his crazy feline brother Mongo, who also misses him very much. My gray baby with the kinky tail and green eyes full of love, I miss you so much. You will always live in my heart.Rachel HaimovichPhiladelphia, PennsylvaniaMarch 12, 2016
6/18/2004 - 3/9/2016The Story of Yato’s Life
By Emily Han

For the past 10 years I’ve been with my dog Yato my whole life. She is a year and three days older than me, her birthday is June 19 and mine is June 22. Just today she passed away. March 11 2016. She has lived a beautiful life full of ups and downs. She was diagnosed with heart problems in August 2015 and was now diagnosed with liver cancer in February 2016. She has been suffering and hasn't been happy for two months. For her sake we called the vet to put her to sleep. These next few paragraphs are going to be about her life from the day mama and baba got to when she died.

The Beginning-
After mama and baba got married mama decided to get a dog, so of course baba had to follow along with the plan. They had gone to Avenues Mall because there was a pet store there. Mama was particularly in interest of a miniature schnauzer because she’s had one before named Yaya. There were two miniature schnauzers in the pet store, one a boy and one a girl. Mama and Baba went over to where they were. The girl schnauzer had come to them as if she found her new owners. Nobody had wanted her because she had canines cough. Instead mama still bought her because of her caring attitude. By then mama and baba had lived next to the St. Johns river so they asked their good friend also their neighbor to train Yato how to basics like sitting and giving her paw when given a treat. After some time, they had me.

When I Was Born-
Yato had a loving affection for me ever since she saw me. She was never rough but very gentle. There were some limits to what I did to her but when I did pass them she only ran away but never physically hurt me. I would play with her and she would come near me and sniff and lick me. I always thought that she was my body guard and I was important. There was one time when I was looking out the window with Yato and we were both standing behind the curtain so you could only see our butts. When I got old enough to walk she would stand next to me or walk next me, sometimes even follow me. As we moved to Sevilla I could ride a tricycle and would chase her till she got playful. Yato would let me put blankets on her or put dolls on her when she was lying down. Mama and baba had both taken a lot of pictures of both me and her after preschool. Then I started going to kindergarten at Mill Creek Elementary School.

Going to School-
Yato missed me since the first day of kindergarten because I had to leave at 8:00 am and get back home at 2:50 pm or stay at extended day. Mama and baba had still taken a lot of pictures, but not as many. Every day when I got home Yato would run to me and bark excitedly. This kept going on till 4th grade. Yato was 10 when I was 9 in 4th grade.

The Problems -
Yato hadn’t started feeling well in April 2015. She peed kidney stones, so she ended up having surgery for it. Then between August and September 2015 the vet diagnosed heart failure so she had to eat medicine and special formulated meat for her health. Finally, when we noticed weird behavior such as grouchiness, not coming near us, biting people, and shaking most of the time. One day at the groomers she bit a lady, so the vet checked her up and said she had liver cancer and that the cancer cells are going to her brain. We knew that her time could be up at any possible time so we tried to give her as much affection and love when she let us until her end.

The End Is Just the Beginning-
When we took Yato to the vet because of liver cancer the doctor suggested this program where a professional would come to your house and put your dog to sleep. We thought that was a better idea so it could be more peaceful than the vets. We had scheduled to do it on Friday, March 12, 2016. That was when mama was off from work, I could miss school, and baba could get home early. On Wednesday baba called the program to schedule for Friday. So I already knew and was prepared until the news. The program couldn't do Friday so it had to be today. I was not ready at all and not prepared the very least. Baba told me they'll do it at 9:30, so mama could get home from work and I could give Yato a bath. When mama came home Yato just lied in her bed as if she knew what was going to happen to her. Of course, I was hugging her crying, but eventually I moved away to let the vet do her thing. I watched the whole thing, never peeling my eyes off of Yato. Her heart stopped at 9:55. It was very peaceful. The vet shaved some hair off of yato so we could keep it, I chose the chest, mustache, and kept the part where the vet shaved off to put the needle in. After Yato was gone the vet printed her paw print on a piece of clay she let me carry her on a basket to her car. After many kisses and hugs from me and mama, (baba too!). We finally said goodbye.
Yato will forever be in our hearts.
May Buddha guide Yato on her journey to a better place.
Yato was loved by us all.
May she rest in peace.
Larry HanSaint Augustine, FloridaMarch 12, 2016
2/14/2016As soon as I saw this adorable little girl with these big dark eyes and floppy ears my heart stopped and I knew it was love at first sight. She was all of 3 pounds that I could hold in the palm of my hand. No matter if I tried there was NO way I’d leave without her.

She was feisty and had such a love for life I learned. Those puppy days, I’d take them back in a heartbeat. Megara loved to be with people, even if they were just in the house she was happy. An extremely friendly girl she was always though not always expected of a cocker spaniel. There was not 1 bone in her body not made of love. I could see the disappointment on her face when someone would walk by without acknowledging her somehow. She would adore it when someone would stop and pet her.

Her and I bonded like a Mom and daughter. She was there for some of the most challenging times in my life and always with a lick of my tears and a snuggle to let me know she was with me. She would sleep pushed up against by stomach under the covers and we were both very content and safe.

She had her favorite boyfriend Bailey the Beagle just across the courtyard and his humans were so good to Megara. They often came over and got her while I was at work so she was not alone. She would be sad sometimes to come home where it was more quiet but then we would play or go on a walk and she was happy.

Megara taught me all about patience and unconditional love. Lessons that are vital and I have found most important over her 16 years. She left those gifts with me which I do my very best to carry with me each and every day.

She taught me to slow down and look at the stars in the sky as I walked her around to do her business. I may have otherwise missed those beautiful sunrises, sunsets or breathtaking evenings. Those are years of gifts that are priceless and I hold them so dearly.

We were each other’s companions for many years until she gave me the approval of my now husband and the man that became her Dad. An animal lover he was not but that lasted only moments as Megara knew exactly what to do to change that. She curled up next to him, looked at him with those loving eyes, laid her little chin on his leg and fell asleep. She would take him for walks around the neighborhood and show him about relaxing too. He came up with many loving nicknames for her and she loved when he would spoil her with all of his affection.

She enjoyed opening her own presents through the year (especially Christmas) and then opening ours too. Megara made us laugh by always chiming in at the most appropriate moment assuring us she understood every word we were saying! She loved going to the mailbox 6 days a week where our mail carrier left bones for her and we loved seeing her so excited.

Megara got me up from my desk when the work hours flew by so that I could get that well needed break and enjoy the beauty of nature. She was quite a lady and never liked getting her paws wet in the rain but she liked the new fallen snow.

We miss our baby girl every day and have not been able to put away her belongings but we know she is watching us and will be there when it is our time. I know she was a gift from God. She gave me purpose in life when it seemed everything was falling down around me. My job was to take care of her when now I know she was really taking care of me during those times.

Megara loved each and every day and even when she was going to the vet, receiving treatments and not feeling 100%. We could not believe her lymphoma was raging (except for the growing bumps) so many times as she showed nothing but courage.

We leave this quote for all those left behind after their loved ones have departed:
"The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not 'get over' the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will heal and you will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again, but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to." - Elizabeth Kubler-Ross & John Kessler

With all of our love to you Megara ~

Mom and Dad
Kathy & Steve BugglinLebanon, New JerseyMarch 11, 2016
9/4/2003 - 2/25/2016For 12+ years our big boy lived with us. He watched over everyone - even his cats. He loved his family, especially his mommy, he was her "shadow". This was the hardest thing that we have ever had to do especially when the mind is willing but the body cannot keep up. He will forever be missed but we know that he is no longer in pain and he is running like a dear again. We love and miss you big boy and we will never forget you.Tony IamurriLogan Township, New JerseyMarch 11, 2016
Fletcher Nathaniel
3/8/2016Sweet Fletcher Nathaniel, I'm so happy you are reconnected with your long-time buddy, Tim. Please keep him thoroughly entertained with your stick chasing, mind-melding, long walks and bonding naps on the couch until I catch up with both of you again down the road. I love you and miss you both so much, and happily look forward to the day when we'll all be together again.Mary FeuryRoswell, GeorgiaMarch 11, 2016
10/15/2002 - 2/27/2016Abby was our first Westie we brought into our home - our first home - first Westie. She was spunky and loving. She had some rough times over her lifetime when she suffered from white shakers syndrome - not once but twice. She hated rain. She really hated the snow when our family moved from Florida to Ohio (only 1 year though). She was very happy to return home to Florida. She also suffered from addison's disease and went into shock when she was 4. The vets revived her then and she went on to make it to 13 and a half years old. She was momma to Dakota, Griff and Piper. She was part of "Triple Trouble" (Abby, Dakota and Griffith) for the Lionel Christmas cards in 2006 and memorialized in a painting in our home, her grandparents home and her cousins home by a great friend, Angela. She was foster mom to Murdoc and Jinni. She loved car rides and time spent camping (Wandering Wastes) at Disney - riding in the golf cart was a favorite too. She loved to sun bathe but really hated the pool (unless she was in her boat). She was loved by everyone she met. She always had a story and filled her parents in when they returned home. We will always love our Abby and she is very much missed by her human parents and her siblings (Dakota, Griff and Piper) as well as her extended family.Patricia / Douglas Baumann / DolanGulfport, FloridaMarch 10, 2016
3/9/2016 - 3/8/2016We knew the day we got him 19 years ago he was going to be a no other cat we ever had.He wanted it his way and let you know it.JoAnn would be woken up at 3 AM to feed him. If tapping you and talking didn't get you up he would just chew and pull your hair. We always called him our "bad child". His sisters Tuesday and Friday knew he was spoiled rotten but loved him anyway. Of all our cats (and I did love them all) he was my boy.I just couldn't help but love him because I always knew he loved me. He slept with me under the covers,came when I called him and knew I was an easy touch for treats. ... Romy..We will never forget you and our hearts are broken.... Mommy and DaddyCharles and JoAnn DombeckDelray Beach, FloridaMarch 9, 2016
5/3/2000 - 3/7/2016Our beautiful Snickers came into our lives over 15 years ago. As newlyweds, Tristan and I walked into Kay’s animal shelter (2 weeks after surgery!) to adopt a kitten. He looked into her cage and she chose him immediately. He held her the entire time; never even considering another. This was his girl. I made a few circuits (I always like to know my options) but she had him wrapped around her finger from the get go; he even had her named before we checked out. (That name was popular for Rottweilers that year as well, because when I came to pick up my precious baby girl after her spay, they brought out a large dog instead. Oops). I always called her my ‘discount kitty’ because she had passed the age of the full price kittens. But she was priceless. And so so funny. As a youngster, she played hard. Hide and seek, attack around the corner, and chasing games (‘I’m going to get you!!!’ as I chased her up the stairs). She would get so puffy-bigger than any short haired tabby should be able to get! I remember her doing her puffy crab walk in front of our full length mirror…she had me laughing so hard I couldn’t breathe. As our ‘only child’ for the first 3 years she was definitely spoiled…but in a good way. One of our favorite summertime activities has always been grilling out in the backyard. She loved this time of year. She learned to stay in the yard, and come in when we called her (well most of the time-I will admit I’ve had to convince her once or twice that, yes, she DID want to come inside). One of us would clap our hands and yell her name and she would come running from the peonies as fast she could; just to show off. She loved it when we told her how fast and ferocious she was. Often times, squirrels and birds would be scolding her from a tree or power line. We wouldn’t hesitate to let her know that they were laughing at her….was she going to let them say that?! Absolutely not! She would run half way up the tree and shut them up for a few minutes! Old habits die hard. This summer will take a lot of getting used to without my girl. She was my smart girl, always understood what I said (listen? Well, most of the time!). She would spin in circles in front of the door with her big doe eyes…so excited to go out. Unfortunately, a frequent phrase she learned was ‘excuse me’ (as in, no, I’m sorry, you can’t come outside, I’m leaving), ‘back inside’ (when she ignored ‘excuse me’ and went out to the mudroom anyway). Of course, we only had to say ‘Snickers! Let’s go outside!’ once and she would come running down the stairs-- a girl knows what makes her happy.
She was a such a lover. People say a cat will choose one person to be especially close to. No one could ever say that Snickers had a favorite, though, between her mom and dad. In the evening, her favorite spot was with dad on his lap watching tv. At night, if it was cold, she slept on my head (and stole my pillow). Otherwise she wrapped herself around my upper arm and lay down between the two of us, purring loudly. Tristan always joked that he ‘got the butt’, but in reality, she was truly devoted to both of us; and we to her. She even learned to love the new (loud) additions to our family. The older the kids became, the more protective she was. In fact, she had a habit of tucking in the kids to bed. She would jump up, make sure everybody was cozy and happy and then leave with me to go to the next room. If it happened to be a late bedtime, she gave me a reproachful stare as she tried to encourage us all up the stairs. After everyone was in bed, she joined the adults in the living room and let her crazy out. Leaping from couch to chair and back again, practicing her ferocious skills over and over. She really cut loose. Isn’t that what we all do after the kids go to bed?? She snuggled all four of us through surgeries (such as open heart, lap choles) and illnesses (shingles, strep throat, the flu, post ER visits); through grad school and the glut of random bad days that we had. She enjoyed cozy dinners and birthdays sitting politely at her dinner table chair; enjoying the conversation. She hung out with my son and his friends as they played Legos or video games. She sat with my daughter as she played with her Go-Gos and stuffed animals. Ever our ‘welcoming committee’, she would always be found at the door to happily greet her beloved family’s homecoming . She hated it when we left for a few days. She would sit in our suitcases as we tried to pack; looking very forlorn…and when we got home she would cry in the middle of the night, as if forgetting we were home and looking for us. I would call out to her from my bed and she would come running up the stairs in relief. She also developed a profound love/obsession for strawberries. She was always nosing through my grocery bags searching for them. Google later told me that strawberries are actually a member of the catnip family. Who knew?? She was also known to knock over my anniversary roses…this related to her love for baby’s breath (no she didn’t eat it) and not due to her excitement over my nuptial celebrations. Even when we got smart and removed it, we couldn’t leave floral arrangements within her reach.
All of her practiced hunting skills were called upon several times. The first time was when I thought it would be a good idea to decorate our front door with cornstalks. To her great pleasure, I had basically put up a welcome sign for rodents. Snickers enjoyed her brief, but gainful employment as resident mouse catcher. In fact, she always managed to catch the random mouse that has attempted to share our abode. Except once. Recently, she tried to convince me there was a mouse living in our return vent in the kitchen. It took me a few days to catch on…but then I SAW it. Unfortunately, dad took the fun away by setting a mouse trap. Such a kill joy.
Some of the things I loved the most:
1. Christmas morning with wrapping paper flying everywhere, catnip toys and tuna in my stocking.
2. The floor vent in the kitchen on a cold winter day.
3. My spot in the backyard by the day lilies and the little red trees….(they tried to grow a sunflower there once but, honestly, who was silly enough to plant it right where I liked to lounge?!
4. Running from the 2nd floor window down to the basement window and back again to keep an eye on those rude squirrels (they are always sniggering a bit too much).
5. When my favorite kids get home from school; the house has gotten way too quiet now that they are older.
6. Keeping my dad company and listening to him talk to me as he worked in the basement; watching the evening news safe and warm in his lap.
7. A lazy afternoon on a warm sunny day with the windows open, a breeze blowing, and the birds chirping while I cuddle with my mom. And that is my last sweet memory here on earth.

I miss you sweet girl. We all miss you terribly. Such a little cat, but your absence has engulfed me; the house is so empty with you.
I love you. Daddy loves you. Your brother and sissy love you. May your days always be sunny, may love always surround you, may your pain be a distant past, and may we see each other again some day. Hugs and kisses my special girl.
Sarah DacreElmhurst, IllinoisMarch 9, 2016
3/1/2016 - 3/5/2016Jasmine,

I will never forget the first day that we met: a gorgeous spring day right before my 14th birthday. You came to us through two other loving family members that we all miss very much, my aunts Peggy and Sheila. I happened to mention that Mom was thinking about getting a dog, but Dad said we weren't allowed until we got the underground spring in the backyard fixed. "Just circle the ad in the paper and show it to her", my aunts said. "The worst she will say is 'No'". Sure enough, the answer was "No." But little by little, as we made the two hour car journey home, her resolute response became a bit looser. Finally she told me to call the number in the ad and see where you were. We had just passed your exit. Mom turned around, and we pulled up to a beautiful farm right by the Conowingo Dam. Snuggled with all of your brothers and sisters right next to the horses' pen, there you were.

I think Mom knew, from the minute she decided to turn around, that you were going to be ours. In seeing you and your siblings, she knew that we were going to take one of you home. Basking in the heaven that is only experienced in playing with a litter a puppies, we spotted you and called out for you to come play. In a rebellious romp, you bounced in the other direction. In that moment, we knew that you belonged with us.

A few weeks later we came to bring you home. You cried the whole way, when you weren't taking a break to vomit. It broke our hearts to see such a miserable baby. When we finally got you home, we thought it might help to bring over the neighbor's dog, Cali. It was the first time we had seen your tail wag since picking you up. It warms my heart to know that the two of you are together again. I bet she has missed you.

The secret of our family getting a dog had nearly made my 14 year old self burst with excitement. When Dad first saw you, the first words he uttered were "take it back". You and I both know that he never considered that phrase again for the rest of your life.

I remember taking you to Grandmom Arlene's the first time, and letting you loose in her big, open backyard in the countryside. You loved to show us how fast you were, and began your signature figure-8 move that we eventually affectionately coined "Spazzy Jazzy".

One of my favorite memories with you is when we took you to the beach. I never saw joy in it's most unadulterated form than watching you run and play in the surf, honoring your Golden and Labrador roots. On one of those days, we got to take you out to a sandbar. Adam, Branden and I ran with you in the sand and threw sticks for you to chase into the water. At one point, you ran after Adam blind with joy and excitement, straight into a dip in the sand where the water was over your head. You came up coughing and sputtering, but tail still wagging and ready to play.

You always loved birthdays as much as we did. I would often hold your front paws in my lap so that you could be at the table with us when we sang happy birthday. No matter where you were in the house, whenever you heard that song, you would come crashing into the kitchen to be a part of the party.

As the years wore on, you began to slow down. Breathing became more labored, stomach more picky, hearing much more selective. Somehow the words "treat" and "walk" were never missed, but you began to stop hearing us when we called you. You stopped wanting to play as much, and would rather just sit in our presence instead. We knew that this day was inevitable when we got you, and that you have been on borrowed time for years. It still did not make your leaving us any easier.

Rest in peace, my beautiful friend. Thank you for choosing us, and for giving the gift of 14 years of your unquenchable light and love.

You will be sorely missed. Sit pretty and wait for us.
Danielle PleinesExton, PennsylvaniaMarch 9, 2016
Kenya atiya hayward
10/16/2016 - 3/6/2016Today we remember beautiful Kenya, the Rhodesian Ridgeback who flew to heaven while under the loving arms of her pet mom and dad. She had her Ridgeback pal Rain as a wonderful dog friend to keep her entertained in addition to her family. She met me with such an easy-going demeanor, and I could see what a genuine and welcoming character she had. Her pet parents said she was an old soul, and I saw that right away. Kenya came to her forever home as a tiny puppy, with big long legs under her she grew to be a runner. Kenya loved to hike and run and enjoy the outdoors. She stayed active right until the end, and always had unconditional love and kisses for everyone. Kenya's family will always remember and dearly miss their sweet girl.Angela HaywardLas Vegas, NevadaMarch 7, 2016